Welcome to Spinym ("Spinym," , "we," "us" or "our", "me", "my" might also refer to "Franz Nkemaka"). Spinym lets you connect with your friends, people nearby in a way you've never dared before: anonymously. Just send an ask, anonymously or openly, wait for the reply and share.
An Ask is the question, feedback, or opinion that a user gives to other users or receives from other users on Spinym.
A Story is a text, message, the question that a user can share with other users on their profile.
A Whisper is a text, message, the question that a user can anonymously share with others.
Spinym Content Toxicity is a measure to assess and tell how constructive and meaningful the user behavior is based on a complex internal dynamic algorithm that generates a score for each content called Confanity™. We by no means guarantees the accuracy of this measure.
We collect the following types of information.
- Your username, password, and e-mail address when you register for a Spinym account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Spinym.
- User Content (e.g., photos, Asks, Stories, Whispers, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Spinym. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- When you use our Service, even if you are just visiting our website and not registered, we receive information about you and your access. Our servers and some third-party technology providers log your internet protocol (IP) address with timestamps to maintain the security and quality of the service and may log the IP for other purposes such as analytics. To maintain the safety and security of our users, we record your IP address and port when you register and when you send an Ask or Whisper on any of our platforms. We may also record the IP address and port on other occasions for the same purpose.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Spinym.
- We collect your Geographic coordinates either directly from your device (accurate) or with your IP Address (coarse). You have the option to disable this in your Device settings
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
Sensitive data like your Device ID, IP, location are encoded using unhashable hashing algorithms similar to MD5, SHA. You are the only person to know your password because it is unhashable, and it generated with random tokens which makes it impossible to be guessed.
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Spinym without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with third parties services.
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Germany where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in Germany or any other country in which Spinym, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Spinym cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Spinym or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Instagram, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes in the social media services you connect to Spinym make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Spinym, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information only). All your Asks, Stories, Whispers, likes, followers, pictures… are completely deleted 30 days after your account deletion schedule.
Spinym does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 12 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 12. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 12 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Last Edited: 12 September 2020